Friday 26 July 2013

What Are Actionable Insights?

What Are Actionable Insights Feature Image
This What are Actionable Insights? article introduces my presentation on 'Actionable Insights'.  In it I describe what Actionable Insights are and their relationship to the world of Business Intelligence technology.
You can go straight to the presentation itself on http://www.slideshare.net/ictomlin/what-are-actionable-insights..and if you'd like the PowerPoint original just reach out to me on LinkedIn!

Understanding what Actionable Insights are and their contribution to business growth is something I’ve always been interested in.  Having produced a couple of posts on the subject I’ve had such a high level of interest in the topic that I’ve produced this simple presentation that hopefully demystifies the topic to newcomers and non-technical folk.

BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE has been around for many years now and yet I still attend meetings where people don’t really understand what it does to help them to grow their business or get their job done better.  And that’s not surprising.  It’s such a broad topic and BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SOFTWARE doesn’t do just one thing.  I find it much easier to break down BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE into the various capability areas it covers.

OPERATIONAL ANALYTICS is one facet of BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SOFTWARE – but it’s growing in importance because of the level of interest and opportunity that’s been surfaced by BIG DATA and CLOUD COMPUTING.  I think people will automatically assume that you need new software for operational analytics but even a spreadsheet can be used to source Actionable Insights: The secret is to focus on the business outcome, not the tools (quite so much;-).

I.




No comments:

Post a Comment